The International Education & Skills Summit (TIESS)
The ninth chapter of The International Education & Skill Summit (TIESS), held concurrent with Didac India on 19th and 20th September 2017 at the Bombay Exhibition Center, Mumbai, India, witnessed the participation of more than 500 eminent delegates comprising of influential leaders, policy makers, prominent educationists and key stakeholders from the education and training sector.
Delegates included International education ministers, Indian ministers and ministry representatives, owners and senior management of universities, colleges and schools from India as well as from other countries like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nepal, Oman, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Timor Leste, UAE, UK and USA.
The 3-day summit deliberated upon topics covering:
- Education policy priorities in the next 24 months
- Technological change and the 4th Industrial Revolution
- From the predictable to the unpredictable: Education and the 4th Industrial Revolution
- Innovative Education Technology Trends and their Potential to Transform Education
- Improving Quality and Relevance in Education Systems and Infrastructure
- Education: For the Future We Want
Each session had a good mix of international and Indian speakers, who shared their visionary inputs at the summit, thus creating a valuable exchange of ideas and future practices with the aim to arrive at consensual solutions for taking the education and training sector to the next level.
The event was supported and partnered by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Government of India, Government of Maharashtra, Department of School Education and Sports, Government of Maharashtra, Skill India, UNDP, AICTE, NCERT, NIOS, MKCL, BESA, Cambridge University Press, Extramarks, Learning Links Foundation, Microsoft and Robomate+.